Re: [amibroker] question/ help

Goldwing,

1.  The question regarding databull has been posted a number of times, and each time Tomasz has indicated their array of offerings is limited at best.  See my post today on the amiquote board about the opportunity cost of free vs paid data.

2.  It's not a matter of why you should optimize because by virtue of picking any set of params, you have optimized.

It's more a matter of, how good are the params you have selected.  Goodness can be first quantified by some objective function which you identify and rank in your optimization.  Then goodness is qualtatively analyzed based on how stable the objective function is as the params are shifted.  This qualitative analysis is an issue tackled by what's called sensitivity analysis.

Take a look at Pardo and Kauffman for more info, or motor on down to the AmiBroker Clearwater conference as I'll be giving a talk on sensitivity analysis there.

3.  Just go to Window > New, and add all the charts you want.  As long as you haven't linked the charts, the only time the symbol will change is when you click on the chart and change the symbol.

Hope this helps,
Gary
goldwing01 <GOLDWING01@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Has any tried using databull for downloading data, it seems to look better than yahoo or a least relieving yourself from the stress of downloading problem.Next question, optimization, why do I need to optimize my data and when should I optimize my data Next question, I would like to have one screen to constantly look at ^IXIC and another to move as I point and click at other symbols can someone help with this please.Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Do you Yahoo!?