From: phsst [mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 2:54 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: PositionScore Ideas

<I've been doing that all morning, Pfsst:>

Pfsst? I don't get no respect around here! <g>

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:
> I've been doing that all morning, Pfsst: I've looked at most of the
getextradata variables available with QP2. I have no preconceived
notions about anything other than the fact that I thought most of
those data were not updated as often as daily. I was wrong about QRS,
and thank you for clearing that up for me. I verified this by
exploring on QRS. Beta doesn't seem to get updated at all!! I explored
back until 1996, and the beta for AAPL remains the same 1.843 from Jan
1996 until today. Same for other tickers. So, beta is worthless, at
least the one QP2 gives.

> AV

QRS
>   >   value is supposed to be a 'knockoff' of the IBD RS ranking
score.
>   >
>   >   I almost always get a significant boost using this ranking
figure as
>   >   as the positionscore.
>   >
>   >   If you do not have QP2, but have any ideas about how to do
your own RS
>   >   Rank calculation, I'd be happy to run some comparisons for you
(or
>   >   anyone else) to measure your calculated RS Rank against QP2's
QRS
>   rank.
>   >
>   >   Cheers,
>   >
>   >   Phsst
>   >   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx>
wrote:
>   >   > Hi, all:
>   >   >
>   >   > I've been experimenting with variuos short term trading
systems
>   >   lately (average trade durations of about 2.5 days), and I was
looking
>   >   for ideas on how best to rank a watchlist to get the best
candidates
>   >   for portfolio trading a basket of 4 stocks. I was wondering if
anyone
>   >   would care to share any ideas on how you use the PositionScore
>   >   function to rank your candidate list (using regular mode, not
>   >   rotational mode). I've tried combinations of turnover and
volatility,
>   >   but I'd like to try other ideas. I'm not asking anyone to give
away
>   >   any secrets, and, yes, I am aware of TJ's example in the help
file
>   >   (PositionScore = 100 -RSI());), but I was just looking for
more ideas.
>   >   I'm not even sure if this question is too vague or not. If it
is, I'm
>   >   sure you'll tell me. TIA.
>   >   >
>   >   > Al Venosa
>   >   > advenosa@xxxx
>   >   >
>   >   >
>   >   > ---
11/21/2003
>   >
>   >
>   >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   >   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>   >   -----------------------------------------
>   >   Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>   >   Check group FAQ at:
>   >
>   >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.
>   >
>   >
>   >   ---