RE: [amibroker] Nice Post Jayson... was Re: Float and Sum question

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Phsst,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Thank
you for your kind words. You have to love the versatility we enjoy with
getextradata and QP!!

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Phsst
[mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 1:26
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Nice
Post Jayson... was Re: Float and Sum
questionJayson,Nice graphical solution to
visualizing the "float turnover" issue.The solutions that you post
always have a positive surprise in termsof the ultra nice graphical
representations that you develope.When your code is coupled with float =
GetExtraData("SharesFloat") *100000, the resulting graphics *really*
stimulate the old neurons. (Infact I am still not sure whether I am seeing
mirage *price cycles*, orthe real thing). I'll work thru it
later.But the visual effects of your code are really neat.Take
Care,Phsst--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Dennis,> understood but....... the
sum of the volume will never (almostnever) equal;> the exact number
of the float which is why I suggested the greater than> float solution.
Now we are talking about something very different.There may> be a
solution found in looping through the bars and accumulatingvolume.
In> this code I have (I think) set X to the initial volume then
accumulated> volume each day until such time as the Float value was met.
When this> occurred I reset X to zero and began accumulating again. The
greendots show> each rollover. The histogram shows where you are in
the currentcycle. The> title indicates the number of bars since the
last turn over as wellas how> many bars the previous turn over took.
Lastly I have averaged the last 2> rolls.> > I got carried
away but used the exercise to work on my loopingskills (lack> of,
there may still be problems I have missed). That said I thinkyou
will> find the notion of rollover to be a bit subjective. In theory
youwould want> to see significant moves begin/end at or near the
rollover point. In> practice there are many participants , all with their
own agendas,and few> actually monitoring these roll over
points.> > Regards,> Jayson> >
float=630000000;> x[0]=Volume[0]; /*Initialise the first element
here*/> for(i = 1; i<BarCount; i++)> {> >
if(x[i]<float)> { x[i] = x[i-1]+Volume[i];> }>
if(x[i]>float)> {> x[i]=0;> }> }>
Plot(C,"",4,64);>
PlotShapes(IIf(x==0,shapeCircle,shapeNone),5,0,Graph0,-30);>
Plot(x,"",colorLightGrey,2|styleOwnScale);>
//Plot(float,"",colorWhite);> GraphXSpace=25;>
Count1=BarIndex()-ValueWhen(x==0,BarIndex(),1);>
Count2=ValueWhen(x==0,BarIndex(),1)-ValueWhen(x==0,BarIndex(),2);>
Count3=ValueWhen(x==0,BarIndex(),2)-ValueWhen(x==0,BarIndex(),3);> Title=
" Bars Since the last float rollover "+Count1+ " The previous> Rollover
took "+Count2+ "\n The average of the last 2 rollovers was ">
+(Count2+Count3)/2;> -----Original Message-----> From:
theoldchartreader [mailto:theoldchartreader@xxxx]> Sent: Sunday, December
07, 2003 3:05 PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject:
[amibroker] Re: Float and Sum question> > > Hi
Jason,> First let me thank you for your help,> Let me try to
explain what I am trying to do.> I will use intel for a example, I am
using a weekly chart.> starting from 12/05/03 to 7/07/03 intel did one
float turnover.> It also did one from 2/07/03 to 7/07/03.( it seems to do
one complete> float turnover every 22 to 24 weeks for the last six float
turnovers)> I used a spreadsheet to total the volume.> I would
like to place shapecircle  only at the point of each float> turnover
to mark the spot.> > Do we need to divided the sum of volume by
the float, for a float> turnover?> > Anyway thank once you
again,> Dennis> > > > > >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> > Dennis,> > the chances of
the sum of volume to match the float is very slim> indeed.> >
Perhaps have the sum exceed the float??> >> >
float=630000000;> > x=Sum(Volume,220);> >
plot(c,"Price",4,64);> >
PlotShapes(IIf(x>float,shapeCircle,shapeNone),5);> >> >
Regards,> > Jayson> > -----Original Message----->
> From: theoldchartreader [mailto:theoldchartreader@xxxx]> > Sent:
Sunday, December 07, 2003 10:26 AM> > To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Subject: [amibroker] Float and Sum
question> >> >> > Hi,> > I would like to
plot a shapecircle every time the sum of volume> > equals the
float?> >> > What do I need to do?> >>
>> > float=630000000;> > Sum(Volume,220);>
Sponsor>

ADVERTISEMENT> >> >> >> >> >
Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to
Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
(Web page: <A
Service.> > >       Yahoo!
Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.