Re: [amibroker] Outlook Express problem

<BLOCKQUOTE

  ----- Original Message -----
  <DIV
  >From:
  mrdavis9

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibrokeryahoogroups
  Cc: <A title=areehoi@xxxxxxxxx
  href="">Dick Hoierman ; <A title=headway@xxxxxxx
  href="">jeff head ; <A
  title=framebyframe@xxxxxxxxxxx href="">jeff
  davis
  Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 7:29
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Outlook Express
  problem

  Everyone, any ideas of what I can do next to fix
  this problem described below?

  <FONT face=Arial
  size=4>===========================================
  I just created a problem in Outlook
  express.  I had over 5000 deleted items in the deleted items folder, so I
  selected the oldest approx 1000 of them and clicked delete.  It took
  a long time, so I left the room to do soemthing else.  I came back a
  while later, and it had finished, so I decided to delete all of the rest of
  them up to Nov 20.  I then clicked on delete, and left the room.  I
  must have come back into the room well before it had finished deleting, and
  tried to switch back to the inbox.  It will not go to the inbox.
  When I click on inbox, the hour golss starts running, and never stops.  I
  have shut down Outlook many times and restarted it  and the same thing
  happens every time.  I can access every folder except inbox.  There
  are still about 800 deleted items, and I can create mail from the deleted
  items folder, and send it, but I cannot get into the inbox. BTW, when I do
  shut down Outlook express, it tells me that the program is not responding, and
  I then choose to END NOW, and it closes.  Then when I restart
  Outlookexpress, the same thing happens all over again.
  I restarted the computer only one time since this
  started, so I will try restarting the computer again to see if that fixes it.
  Let me know if you have any ideas of how to fix this problem.  I  am
  reading email in my notebook computer which allows me to receive mail, but it
  has a problem in that it won't let me send email.  All the settings are
  identical in both computers.
  So, I am receiving mail in the notebook,
  and creating new emails from the deleted items folder in my
  desktop.  TIA for any ideas.   Ron D

  If all else fails, it is my
  understanding (FWIW) that you can take advantage of the fact that OE will
  create the default mail folders if they are missing.  So, you can move
  all of your *.dbx files to a new folder, open OE, and then import the old
  files back into OE from FILE|IMPORT.

  ---
  If this doesn't work, then the next option is to move all the .dbx files to
  a different location, say c:\mymails, then open Outlook Express.
  Outlook will re-create all the default mail folders, now go to file and
  click on import and then select messages, select your outlook version, click
  next, in the next screen select `OE5' store directory, then click browse and
  point to the location where you have moved the .dbx files (c:\mymails), all
  your mails will be imported. Outgoing mail is certified Virus
  Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.547
  / Virus Database: 340 - Release Date: 12/2/2003Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.