RE: [amibroker] OmniTrader?????

I had
omnitrader years ago. It may have improved but essentially what is does is
simply run a bunch of systems then score the number of signals accrue over the
various systems. If 10 systems issued a buy then perhaps OT will indicate a buy
is in order. AB allows you to do the same thing but allows you to create and
"tweak" your own systems. For me , at least, OT's best feature was the help file
that described the various systems they test data against. It gave me some ideas
how to build my own. The web site with daily tutorial from Ed Downs was also
very instructive. If you want to trade blind signals with out really
understanding why a signal was generated then OT may be a good investment. If
you wish to learn how the signals are generated and design your own then AB is a
far better investment at a fraction of the cost......

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: aadicker698
[mailto:aadicker698@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 9:44
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
OmniTrader?????I had purchased OmniTrader two days ago,
and am awaiting it's arrival.  Then, yesterday, I ran across the
Amibroker site and loved what I read.  Has anyone ever used
OmniTrader?  Would it be worth my time to learn it, or should I focus
on learning Amibroker?  All honest and frank suggestions/opinions would
be greatly appreciated!Anthony Send
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.