[amibroker] Re: Writing Arrays to the Database

Herman,
I did not notice any problem with composites charting or backtesting
till now.
It would help to post some example, if there is some time of course,
to see what you mean.
I put real money on composites signals, it would be better to know
the wrong case !!
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx>
wrote:
> Sorry: I wrote to soon. Memory fails me sometimes, I apologize for
the
> misquote.
>
> I have been having problems with composites however my code was too
> incomplete/complex to trace/pinpoint the exact problems at this
time, it
> could very well be my afl coding. I do know that there are some
differences
> between Composites and Stocks that give 'me' problems when
developing
> systems to trade the Equity... perhaps I may be able to give more
details
> later.
>
> Now it is time to power up your latest release and marvel!
>
> best regards,
> herman

Composites are
> saved on your hard disk in the Data (default) directory; they stay
there
> until you delete them.
>
>     Alternatively you could use the Osaka plugin and create tables
with your
> custom data, these tables are also stored on your hard disk and can
be
> read/written to at will.
>
>     Since your data is probably updated each day you will have to
> recalculate you custom arrays daily. However, you could work around
this by
> using inline composite creation - but this has other complications.
>
>     The only drawback with composites is that you cannot do
everything  on
> them like you can with price arrays, for example you cannot create a
> composite based on composites, you cannot run your backtester on
composites,
> you cannot display standard charts on composites, etc. This is a
serious
> limitation however I get around that by omitting (against the AB
rules) the
> leading "~" of composites names. I have only tried this a few times
so you
> have to experiment to see whether all I am saying in this paragraph
is
> correct - experimentation is what makes you really get the most out
of AB.

>     take care and good luck,
>     herman.

Service.