RE: [amibroker] Re: Writing Arrays to the Database

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Hello DT, like I write earlier: I had some as yet undiagnosed
problems. No need for you to worry, you can rest assured my problems
had nothing to do with calculation or accuracy of Composites, they are
accurate.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>It had to do with things simply not working the way I wanted too,
it would not be something that could creep into your work unnoticed, you'll know
it the minute you click your mouse :-)
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Frankly I wish I hadn't made those comments, but you know the way it is:
once on the Internet there is no taking back.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>take care,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Herman.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
  [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: December 1, 2003 5:04
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Writing Arrays to the DatabaseHerman,I did not
  notice any problem with composites charting or backtesting till now.It
  would help to post some example, if there is some time of course, to see
  what you mean.I put real money on composites signals, it would be better
  to know the wrong case !!Dimitris Tsokakis --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx>
  wrote:> Sorry: I wrote to soon. Memory fails me sometimes, I
  apologize for the> misquote.> > I have been having
  problems with composites however my code was too> incomplete/complex to
  trace/pinpoint the exact problems at this time, it> could very well
  be my afl coding. I do know that there are some differences>
  between Composites and Stocks that give 'me' problems when
  developing> systems to trade the Equity... perhaps I may be able to
  give more details> later.> > Now it is time to power
  up your latest release and marvel!> > best regards,>
  herman> >   -----Original
  Message----->   From: Tomasz Janeczko
  [mailto:amibroker@xxxx]>   Sent: December 1, 2003 7:21
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Writing Arrays to the Database> >
  >   Herman,> >   I am quite surprised
  with this post, especially:> >   > you cannot run
  your backtester on composites,>   Why do you think so
  ?> >   > you cannot display standard charts on
  composites, etc.>   Why do you think so ?> >
  >   Hope this helps.> >   Best
  regards,>   Tomasz Janeczko>
  amibroker.com>     ----- Original Message
  ----->     From: Herman
  vandenBergen>     To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     Sent: Monday,
  December 01, 2003 12:02 AM>     Subject: RE:
  [amibroker] Writing Arrays to the Database> >
  >     The easiest way is to copy your custom arrays
  to a Composite (see> AddToComposite() and the tutorial on the AB
  website). You can recall (read> back) the contents of a Composite
  file with the Foreign(). Composites are> saved on your hard disk in
  the Data (default) directory; they stay there> until you delete
  them.> >     Alternatively you could use the
  Osaka plugin and create tables with your> custom data, these tables
  are also stored on your hard disk and can be> read/written to at
  will.> >     Since your data is probably
  updated each day you will have to> recalculate you custom arrays daily.
  However, you could work around this by> using inline composite
  creation - but this has other complications.>
  >     The only drawback with composites is that you
  cannot do everything  on> them like you can with price arrays,
  for example you cannot create a> composite based on composites, you
  cannot run your backtester on composites,> you cannot display
  standard charts on composites, etc. This is a serious> limitation
  however I get around that by omitting (against the AB rules) the>
  leading "~" of composites names. I have only tried this a few times so
  you> have to experiment to see whether all I am saying in this
  paragraph is> correct - experimentation is what makes you really
  get the most out of AB.> >     take care
  and good luck,>
  herman.>       -----Original
  Message----->       From: BillBarack
  [mailto:wbarack@xxxx]>       Sent:
  November 30, 2003 8:44 PM>       To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       Subject:
  [amibroker] Writing Arrays to the Database> >
  >       All,>
  >       Let me try asking again.>
  >       I calculate several arrays in a
  custom indicator that I want to
  make>       a watchlist out of so I can
  do Automatic Analysis on them and use
  the>       results screen to display
  multiple variables. Can I do>       this
  by writing the arrays to the local database? Or do I have to
  do>       the time consuming calculations
  in the AA window itself?> >
  If this isn't a good approach, can anyone suggest other
  approaches>       that I might
  take?> >       Thanks>
  >       Bill> > >
  > >       Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxx>       Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxx>
  subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.> > >
  >     Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxx>     Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxx>
  Yahoo! Terms of Service.> >