Re: [amibroker] Re: Peak & Zig Zag

Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

> You are incorrect in what you have stated below. I know how zig is
> programmed (I implemented it actually in AB) so I know that 'delay'
technique
> presented http://www.amibroker.com/members/traders/11-2003.html
> works OK. In case you mention the 'confirmed' leg remains valid but just a
NEW one
> starts.
> I am 100% sure what I am talking about. And I have checked it in real time
too.

Tomasz, I probably have more respect for you than for anyone I have "met" in
the online trading community; there are few who even come close in my
esteem.  All I can say for certain is that this error does occur in
Metastock, and I know that in many cases you have put a good deal of effort
into making AB functions compatible with those of the older product.  Given
the above, I can only assume that you either avoided a trap they fell into
or made a deliberate exception in this case.

> The true problem is completely different, and was pointed out by Jayson
already,
> that delays are usually that large that trading such delayed signals
becomes not profitable.

Couldn't agree more that this is a problem, of course, though it does not
show up in backtesting with Metastock.  Given my experience some years ago,
I have not repeated the study with Amibroker.

Owen

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511