[amibroker] Re: Peak & Zig Zag

Excuse me... Enter key on Subject Line gets me too often.

It is clear that Zig Zag *can* give unrealistic test results because
it looks into the future. This is documented. But there is almost the
caveat *can* included in the caution.

But are there any known conditions where test results can be relied upon.

For example if a calculated trendline up to the current bar is more
than a few bars old, and is linear for those past bars, and correlates
(for lack of a better word) with current bar close price,  does this
not perhaps mean that an assumption can be safely made that future
prices have not yet influenced the current trend?

Regards,

Phsst

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511