RE: [amibroker] Re: Peak & Zig Zag

The
Challenge Phsst is that the legs can changed based on future data in which case
your buy or sell signal can simply vanish in the back test. Zig can be very
useful in real time but like every thing else in Real time you simply can not
know for sure until time has past if your signal was in fact valid or not. A
back test using zig (or peak or trough) will always show you the best signals
only and none of the failed signals.

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Phsst
[mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 1:57
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Peak & Zig ZagExcuse me... Enter key on Subject
Line gets me too often.It is clear that Zig Zag *can* give unrealistic
test results becauseit looks into the future. This is documented. But there
is almost thecaveat *can* included in the caution.But are there any
known conditions where test results can be relied upon.For example if a
calculated trendline up to the current bar is morethan a few bars old, and
is linear for those past bars, and correlates(for lack of a better word)
with current bar close price,  does thisnot perhaps mean that an
assumption can be safely made that futureprices have not yet influenced the
current trend?Regards,PhsstSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.