RE: [amibroker] Re: To Correlate or Not to Correlate, that is the quuestion !

Thanks JS -
forgot about that one OOPS !
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>Cheers
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>Louw

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: johanskatt
  [mailto:johanskatt@xxxxxxxx]Sent: 23 November 2003 04:29
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  To Correlate or Not to Correlate, that is the quuestion
  !The Correlation function might be useful.<A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=CORRELATION/JS---
  In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Louw-Roux Coetzer" <louwcoetzer@xxxx>
  wrote:> ECM StationaryHi there all !> > > >
  I have tried to think of various methods to find a matching
  Non-Correlating> match for a particular shareA ...I thought of
  doing this by adding the close> for shareA  to the shareB and
  dividing it by 2 to get an average price...I> would then use some
  form of standard deviation to find out how much shareB> is
  deviating from the average - the share that deviates the most would
  then> be the most likely candidate - now I am convinced this would not
  work as it> only suggests that shareB is more volatile than
  anything else...> > > > What I am trying to do is
  to scan a short watch list and to find say 2 or 3> pairs (
  2shares/pair).  The 2 shares in each pair must be non-correlating
  to> a certain extent in order to lessen risk if both are purchased (
  almost like> what Gary was talking briefly about in his
  presentation ).  Obviously the> shares in the pair can not be
  100% opposing as then no money would be> made...My mind is still a
  bit baffled about this and any suggestions and> guidance in the
  right direction would be greatly appreciated...  I am not>
  asking for an AFL Super Formula on a platter...only to be pointed into
  the> right line appoach...I will try to create the code myself ( the
  only way to> learn I believe ) and if stuck will ask for a little
  push...> > > > Kind regards> >

  ---->       Louw-Roux Coetzer
  -  louwcoetzer@xxxx> >
  This e-mail message and all documents which accompany it are
  intended> only for the use of the individual or entity to which
  addressed, and may> contain privileged or confidential
  information.  Any unauthorized disclosure> or distribution of
  this e-mail message is prohibited.Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.