[amibroker] Re: To Correlate or Not to Correlate, that is the quuestion !

The Correlation function might be useful.
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=CORRELATION

/JS

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Louw-Roux Coetzer"
<louwcoetzer@xxxx> wrote:
> ECM StationaryHi there all !
>

> I have tried to think of various methods to find a matching Non-
Correlating
> match for a particular shareA ...I thought of doing this by adding
the close
> for shareA  to the shareB and dividing it by 2 to get an average
price...I
> would then use some form of standard deviation to find out how
much shareB
> is deviating from the average - the share that deviates the most
would then
> be the most likely candidate - now I am convinced this would not
work as it
> only suggests that shareB is more volatile than anything else...
>

> What I am trying to do is to scan a short watch list and to find
say 2 or 3
> pairs ( 2shares/pair).  The 2 shares in each pair must be non-
correlating to
> a certain extent in order to lessen risk if both are purchased (
almost like
> what Gary was talking briefly about in his presentation ).
Obviously the
> shares in the pair can not be 100% opposing as then no money would
be
> made...My mind is still a bit baffled about this and any
suggestions and

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511