[amibroker] To Correlate or Not to Correlate, that is the quuestion !

<P
><SPAN
class=328345413-23112003>Hi there all !
<P
><SPAN
class=328345413-23112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=328345413-23112003>I have tried to think of various
methods to find a matching Non-Correlating match for a particular
shareA ...I thought of doing this by adding the close for
shareA  to the shareB and dividing it by
2 to get an average price...I would then use some form of standard deviation to
find out how much shareB is deviating from the average - the
share that deviates the most would then be the most likely candidate - now I am
convinced this would not work as it only suggests that shareB
is more volatile than anything else...
<P
><SPAN
class=328345413-23112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=328345413-23112003>What I am trying to do is to scan a
short watch list and to find say 2 or 3 pairs ( 2shares/pair).  The 2
shares in each pair must be non-correlating to a certain extent in order to
lessen risk if both are purchased ( almost like what Gary was talking briefly
about in his presentation ).  Obviously the shares in the pair can not be
100% opposing as then no money would be made...My mind is still a bit baffled
about this and any suggestions and guidance in the right direction would be
greatly appreciated...  I am not asking for an AFL Super Formula on a
platter...only to be pointed into the right line appoach...I will try to create
the code myself ( the only way to learn I believe ) and if stuck will ask for a
little push...
<P
><SPAN
class=328345413-23112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=328345413-23112003>Kind regards
<P
><SPAN
class=328345413-23112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=328345413-23112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=328345413-23112003>Louw Coetzer
<P

<P

<P

      Louw-Roux Coetzer  -
      louwcoetzer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

      This e-mail
      message and all documents which accompany it are intended only for the use
      of the individual or entity to which addressed, and may contain privileged
      or confidential information.  Any unauthorized disclosure or
      distribution of this e-mail message is
  prohibited.