[amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve

Phsst, what board were you reading?  I posted the 5 lite criteria
based on repeated requests to do so.  I was being challenged after I
said one of Steve's systems wasn't robust by *my definition*.  Not
that it wasn't tradeable, just not robust as I define it.

I procrastinated? You think I have nothing else to do than post here?
 In addition to the reasons I already posted, how about struggling
with trying to make it simple and understandable to everyone, or just
wondering how much I want to disclose in public, especially since it
started out in a hostile environment.

As for backing away from my offer after "much pontification", ROTFL!
I offered *twice* and was *incredibly* disappointed that so few people
wanted to take me up on it.

So you found the thread increasingly "academic"?  Two comments.
First, don't leave out that I offered *twice* to lead people through
the entire process.  Nothing academic about hands on application.
Second, we need to cut out the labeling around here.  Nothing good
*ever* comes out of that.  Just look at history.

Finally, as for your comment "Thankfully, the "robustness" topic now
seems to have subsided" you're welcome, I'm really glad I took the
time to post it.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> <all I got was a bunch of sarcastic comments from
> you, Fred, Howard and Steve (among others) about "academics" and
> "robustness".>
>
> Mark,
>
> I believe that you were the one who elevated the issue of
"robustness".

> The majority of comments I remember were positive replies to your
> offer, and yet after much pontification, you backed away from the
> offer in the end. And while I may be mistaken, I don't remember any
> substancial number of negative responses (I do remember Fred trying
> diligently to get you to quit procrastinating on the subject, but I
> did not percieve that he was being particularly sarcastic about it).
>
> But that's OK. Thankfully, the "robustness" topic now seems to have
> subsided. While I was never a detractor on that subject, the further
> the thread went, the more "academic" it did seem.
>
> I'm sure that there are many who would still like to see you make
your
> offer good.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phsst
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "quanttrader714"
> <quanttrader714@xxxx> wrote:
> > You seem to forget that I volunteered (twice) to lead anyone
> > interested through the entire trading process, from robustness
> > criteria and robust system development to actual real time, real $
> > execution (putting my own money publicly on the line to show the
> > concepts work).  Has anyone else made that offer?  And instead of
> > taking me up on it, all I got was a bunch of sarcastic comments
from
> > you, Fred, Howard and Steve (among others) about "academics" and
> > "robustness".  Well, guess what?  I'm *not* an academic.  I'm a
> > trader.  And even though I'm in a research pause, the one trade I
> > closed out last week *netted* me approximately 125% (on the trade
not
> > my account).  How did you do last week?  Did you even trade last
week?
> >  Give me more ignorant sarcasm, Gary, and I'll be sure to post my
best
> > code for you.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary A. Serkhoshian"
> > <serkhoshian777@xxxx> wrote:
> > >All the guys espousing these concepts of what is robust and what
is a
> > >good system have yet to post one shred of code for us to run to
see
> > >how they got to their conclusions.  Worse yet, they are even less
> > >generous with sharing a speck of a trading ideas via code.
> > >
> > >Until that happens, it is all just talk.  At least Steve has the
> > >juevos to throw a tradeable idea out here on the board.
Remember the
> > >saying, "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."
> > >
> > > Respectfully,
> > > Gary
> > >
> > > CedarCreekTrading <kernish@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Dave,
> > >
> > > then I do try it, report results that are less than stellar,
> > >
> > > For what period, 1929? 2000? 2001?  Might as well pick a some
years
> > that don't fall within two standard deviations for volatility.
How
> > has this approach tested since the first day I posted it?  I know
DT
> > tested it and wasn't impressed at the time of it's original
posting.
> > Being the great guy that he is...he offered a number of
improvements
> > to it's structure.  Too bad you didn't see the original post.  You
> > could of traded the StoRSI, on QQQ's,and posted a 26-3 track
record
> > this year.
> > >
> > > it's quite another to show some great-looking charts and
strongly
> > imply that the single indicator shown is profitable in and of
itself,

> > > Isn't and hasn't the QQQ/StoRSI been profitable since the day I
> > publicly shared the indicator and system?  Just because you
tested it
> > on a couple of years that had abnormal volatility doesn't really
mean
> > much.  What's more important: your historic examination of two
> > outlying years, or the track record that has been created by the
> > system since I supplied the approach?
> > >
> > > I'd suggest you save your criticism about what works and what
> > doesn't work until what works ... stops working.  You are
suggesting
> > that this approach sucks because you can't identify profits in
some
> > backtesting.  Really, give me a break.  You keep backtesting for
2001
> > and 2002 and I'll keep using this "general" (I no longer use the
term
> > robust for anything)timing indicator to supplement my trading
ideas
> > and I will continue to "teach, talk, and trade".
> > >
> > > Please, you don't need my help.  As I recall, you started this
> > tread.  Why pursue shit indicators that produce shit results?
Move on
> > to other approaches.  There are plenty of people on this forum
that
> > you can learn a lot more from that a street urchin from Detroit.
> > don't have any magic. What I have is nearly 14,000 hours of
researh
> > since 1996.  Of course, a part of that was spent testing worthless
> > ideas gleaned for books, seminars and forums.
> > >
> > > My Holy Grail is an eight-ounce styrofoam cup, with teeth marks
and
> > lipstick smears.  It's nothing special.  OK, I'm going to go back
and
> > crawl into my hole.
> > >
> > > Oh, for those interested:  I finally finished my new improved
> > webpage.  It's free ...as it has been since the beginning.  Lot's
of
> > indicators and very handsome pictures of me and my research
partners.

> > > Take care,
> > >
> > > Steve
> > > www.cedarcreektrading.com

confirmation
> > from any old trend indicator you might have lying around.
> > >
> > > I know I need to do my own homework. I've been doing a great
deal of
> > that, don't mind, find it interesting even. I'm just mystified by
the
> > vibe that the actual numerical results I get from a system someone
> > else suggested aren't that great because of some problem with the
way
> > I approach life in general, like some box I haven't thought my
way out
> > of (my favorite). it's not the first time this has happened, so
steve,
> > don't take my reaction personally.
> > >
> > > please don't misunderstand, I'm trying to learn, not put anyone
> > down, or their ideas. I very much appreciate the offerings from
> > everyone here, especially the more experienced traders and system
> > designers. I hope people will continue to share their ideas, and
> > comment on what gets posted.
> > >
> > > I also appreciate everyone's putting up with my ignorance, my
> > endless attempts to test and verify what gets said, and the
periodic
> > intrusions of my inner brat, like this one. maybe it falls under
the
> > category of failing to shut up if I don't have something nice to
say,
> > but surely there are others out there wondering the same thing
and not
> > saying so out of deference to greater expertise. or maybe not.
maybe
> > everyone but me takes this ball and runs with it, all the way to
the
> > bank, while I just continually miss the obvious. either way,
hopefully
> > we'll all learn something by talking about it, or at least I will.
> > >
> > > dave
> > > I guess the point is that some, rightly or wrongly, assume
you've
> > > already done this.  If that's the case what kind of results have
> > you
> > > gotten (CAR, MDD, UI) OOS ?  Maybe I'm nuts but to me a
Stochastic
> > > RSI, whether it's coupled with a trend indicator or stops of a
> > > variety of types etc. is well INSIDE the box.
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CedarCreekTrading"
> > <kernish@xxxx>

> > > identifiers and triggers.  I not suggesting that you
over-optimize

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511