RE: [amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve

<SPAN
class=973061812-23112003>FWIW, your account of this is not how I saw it at all.
I saw Mark "back away" from nothing. Once he got focused on presenting his
methodology, the entire sequence was laid out in a couple of days. The
approach was rigorous and labor intensive, required a fair understanding of
statistics, and used software many of us don't own. As a result, a number of
people who were initially interested in how you might evaluate trading systems
in ways that predicted future performance well, fell by the wayside. Mark did,
and does, I believe, have a standing offer to evolve a simple system
interactively with the group, based on these principles. I think he concluded,
correctly, that the group, not him, didn't have a critical mass of
commitment to such a project, given the level of effort
required.
<SPAN
class=973061812-23112003>
<SPAN
class=973061812-23112003>Personally, not that you should care,
I'm convinced that 99% of what passes for system testing means very little,
and that Mark's approach, from what I can tell of it from here, is at least
asking some of the right questions.
<SPAN
class=973061812-23112003>
<SPAN
class=973061812-23112003>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
  believe that you were the one who elevated the issue of
  "robustness".The majority of comments I remember were positive replies
  to youroffer, and yet after much pontification, you backed away from
  theoffer in the end. And while I may be mistaken, I don't remember
  anysubstancial number of negative responses (I do remember Fred
  tryingdiligently to get you to quit procrastinating on the subject, but
  Idid not percieve that he was being particularly sarcastic about
  it).But that's OK. Thankfully, the "robustness" topic now seems to
  havesubsided. While I was never a detractor on that subject, the
  furtherthe thread went, the more "academic" it did seem.I'm sure
  that there are many who would still like to see you make youroffer
  good.Regards,Phsst