  >From:
  Tomasz Janeczko

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 3:57
  AM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Barcount vs
  BarIndex()

  Hello,

  BarIndex() gives true, absolute index of the quotation. It
  does not depend on visible area.

  BarCount is different. As we can read in the User's Guide,
  what's new in AmiBroker:

  "added built-in constant 'BarCount' that
  returns number of bars available in arrays (the number of elements of
  array)When QuickAFL is turned on it may be less than true number of bars
  because QuickAFL feature attempts to use only visible bars (and few before).
  You can control how many bars the formula requires using SetBarsRequired()
  function"

  Best regards,Tomasz
Janeczkoamibroker.com