RE: [amibroker] TC2000 - Mutual Funds- Needs Data PlugIn ?

Dave,

QP fund data in one word:  sucks

I've complained about their junk bond funds, and their only response was "our data matches big charts".  BigCharts DOESN'T back adjust for dividends.  Take a look at some junk bond funds via QP data, and you'll see some disturbing spikes.  The question then is how clean are other funds who don't have such large and recurring distributions?  I'd rather not find out as I have too many productive things to do with my time.

The problem evidently is that fund companies don't do a good job of providing distribtion data in an efficient manner.  Consequently, it is still a labor intensive process.

I'd much rather have a one-stop shop for my data, but alas it is not meant to be.

Regards,
Gary
Dave Merrill <dmerrill@xxxxxxx> wrote:

QuotesPlus has both stocks and funds in a single db. I'd assume that commodities, if you buy that data, which I don't, would also be in that same db.

no comment re their data quality, other than that their system reliability has been quite good in the three months or so I've used them. (I mean that literally, no judgement, not some negative implication. don't feel qualified to answer.) I believe they do remove delisted issues, for better and worse.

dave

I’m looking for alternatives to TC2000 and TC2000Funds.  Would other AB users please weigh in with comments on data suppliers?

Thanks,
HowardSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Do you Yahoo!?