[amibroker] Re: beautiful morning in Tokyo (update)

Day-trading involves taking numerous trades during a day.  The series
of small losses you make take using position trading rules will
overwhelm the occassional gains you may make.  I have been successful
using occassional day-trading strategies involving the opposite of
position-trading rules, but I did not intend them to be a day-trade,
I intended them to be a position trade, hence I did not take numerous
trades.  I was just forced to day-trade sometimes because of the
excess volatility (randomness) created by NEWS, which is typical of
high-volatility day-trading which is fueled by NEWS.  If I can
optimize my entry points a little better, such day-trading strategies
may not be necessary.  Here is where Dr. Ehler's functions may be
useful, in distinguishing the situation about a clear signal from
noise loaded one.  I do not have them in AB.  I have it in another
program..  Short-term profits leads to long-term ruin...

rgds, Pal
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "palsanand" <palsanand@xxxx> wrote:
> I guess you are a day-trader, I'm not.  My expereince had been
> contrary to what you say.  But, if you are successful in day-
trading,
> I'm happy for you.  I don't think I can be succesful in it...
>
> rgds, Pal
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> > Oh contraire....day trading forces you to cut your losses just as
> fast else
> > you will be broke......Doubling up later just gives you the
> opportunity to
> > go broke faster.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jayson