RE: [amibroker] Re: Backtest using equity curve

Hi Pal –

I agree with Katz and McCormick that the
likelihood of a system being profitable is inversely proportional to the number
of parameters.

But I don’t understand how the system you
describe in your first paragraph could have only one parameter.  Do you
mean one variable that you change, but lots of others that have been determined
some time in the past and do not change?  If so, then they all
count.  So do the ones that were tried and discarded.

Howard