RE: [amibroker] Portfolio Trading Presentation at Clearwate Conference

Another point that Richard has not mentioned to my knowledge is that the
Clearwarer Conference is, in my opinion, designed with a dual purpose:

On the one hand, it is designed to help relative newcomers to Amibroker
come up in skills and understanding quite quickly.  There will be
workshops prior to the main conference where experienced AB users take
the workshop participants through basic and intermediate topics.  Other
experienced AB users (me for one) will wander around the audience
helping answer specific questions.  It is like having a tutor right at
your shoulder as you work your way through the commands and structure of
AB.

On the other hand, it is designed to help somewhat experienced AB users
take their skills and perspectives to a higher level.  One of the
hoped-for outcomes is that users will be able to leave the conference
and go home and ACTUALLY apply what they have learned in order to make
real profits trading real dollars using what they learn at the
conference.  There will also be a lot of the cross-pollination between
the FastTrack users and the AB users like you have experienced in the
recent "reverse flow" messages about mutual fund strategies.

I don't mean to sound preachy nor on a soapbox (and this is why
Richard's posts about his own conference are necessarily modest and
brief), but come-on...this is a good deal.  As AB expands, the ranks of
the newer users grows, and as good as this message list is, there is
probably no easier nor more time effective way to "come up to speed"
quickly, than paying some bucks and attending the Clearwater conference.

A small tiny side benefit is the sunny, warm weather in February, plus
all the breakfast table conversations where experienced uses provide
peeks at their secret systems.  :-o

Another benefit could have been talking with Tomasz, but I do not think
Richard was successful in talking him into taking some time to come to
Clearwater.  Too busy writing code or something.

Ken