[amibroker] Re: Trading mutual funds...

Fast-Track does make an attempt to identify which funds are
loaded .vs. which are not and are probably pretty close to the mark.
As far as which have erf's and which don't this is difficult to keep
up with as things constantly change.  So brokerage firms are very
good at supplying information in this regard and some are horrible.

As far as Rydex goes, at least some of their funds have cutoffs and
effective pricing at time ther than 4:00 PM.  Whether or not other
firms do this I don't know, but if there are others there are not
many.

Another option is http://www.foliofn.com which basically allows you
to roll your own fund as it were and depending on how you set up your
account can provide for intraday trading.  This is not something I do
or have done, but there are some FT'ers who do, albeit a minority.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Fred also recommended FT awhile back and I have it on my ToDo list
> try out.
>
> But a quick question... does FastTrack identify No-Load funds versus
> Load funds, and on the Load funds does it report the various fees
and
> early termination charges?
>
> TIA.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phsst
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary A. Serkhoshian"
> <serkhoshian777@xxxx> wrote:
> > Jitu,
> >
> > I started with QP2, but they do such a piss-poor job of adjusting
> their funds with distriubtions (particularly bond/junk bond funds
that
> pay monthly) that I grudgingly paid for FastTrack data.  FastTrack's
> fund data has got to be the cleanest.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Gary
> >
> > jtelang <jtelang@xxxx> wrote:
> > Fred/Gary,
> >
> > Thanks for the very informative post. Seems I've got lots of
> > reading to do before I even ask another question. So I might
> > come back to this after doing some RTFM'ing at the sites you
> > pointed to.
> >
> > Just one quick follow-up question before I start reading up
> > on it... So who would you recommend as the data vendor? I'm
> > currently using QP3 for stocks. Is that not good enough (just
> > for backtesting) in your opinion?
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > Jitu
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > > One other gotcha ...
> > >
> > > MOST data vendors do NOT adjust for dividends and distributions
so
> > be
> > > carefull where you get data from.

elsewhere.  If