RE: [amibroker] CMO Improvements Was: Robustness Challenge

Hi Ken –

I thought I sent a reply a couple of days
ago, but it hasn’t shown up in the postings yet.  Sorry if this is a
duplicate.

A simple moving average of n bars, gives a
lag of one-half n bars.  So, if a signal is two bars early, a four bar
simple moving average will make it two bars later, and on time.

Exponential and Adaptive moving averages
also add delay, and have the advantage of being able to use the
“alpha” parameter to adjust for finer resolution than an integer
number of bars.  For an exponential moving average, alpha = 2 / (n +
1).  They also have the advantage of being able to adjustable alpha to
current conditions, making the EMA or AMA adaptive.

Thanks,

Howard