RE: [amibroker] Re: Robustness Challenge

<SPAN
class=849474821-02112003>as I thought about it, I think I agree with fred that
we should just take this step by step. once the Nine Robustitudes are out there
and those who want to have discussed them, we can see if there's group will to
do a contest and write it up.
<SPAN
class=849474821-02112003>
<SPAN
class=849474821-02112003>I'm sure people who are really involved in the
discussions and believe in the results will be implementing pieces of it as we
go, testing old and new approaches against those benchmarks and seeing what
rises and what sinks. I've already been doing some of that, and I'd be surprised
if others aren't and won't be too.
<SPAN
class=849474821-02112003>
<SPAN
class=849474821-02112003>I certainly think that the Robustitudes themselves are
of general interest to the trading community, so writing them up might be a nice
thing to do.
<SPAN
class=849474821-02112003>
<SPAN
class=849474821-02112003>a group effort to trade a communal strategy seems
harder to get coordinated, though it kind of is the bottom line
test.
<SPAN
class=849474821-02112003>
<SPAN
class=849474821-02112003>dave
<SPAN
class=849474821-02112003>
<BLOCKQUOTE
>This
  is a long and in some regards rather ambitious plan to undertake as a
  group.  Don't take that as an objection, it's not.  I would
  however suggest that if I/you/we are going to proceed in some fashion
  that before the group pushes on to funding an account or publishing
  the results that the group ...- Gets through your #1 - #9-
  Sees if it can agree on which criteria to use (this will be tougher than
  most think, and I'll do MY best to defer to others.  Having worked in
  small groups to develop profitable systems in the past I am of the opinion
  that it is tough enough to get more than two or three people to agree what
  yardstick to use to decide how to measure how good some particular system
  is let alone how robust it is)See who's left that can and is willing to
  contribute something that meets the criteria.For myself I have no
  particular interest in setting up an account to actually trade whatever
  the group comes up with nor have I any particular interest in publication,
  but again that's just my own
slant.Fred