[amibroker] Re: trading backtests in real life

On backtesting in real life  "This is one of the reasons why I was
reluctant to include that 'next day recommendations' in backtester at
all"..

Is there any way we can set CONDITIONS regarding
the next day trading.
For Example : If I place a stock price in for the stock next day by
using the editor.

COND=......AND........;

1) If the high of the day exceeds the close of yesterday high
tomorrow leave signal just as it was yesterday.

2) If the low exceeds yesterday low "sell" or below the Elders stop-
loss.

etc..

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
wrote:
> understood tomasz.
>
> I'm looking into exploring instead of backtesting as a way to manage
> execution. even though takes a bit of juggling on my part, it's more
> flexible in that everything's visible to me, so I can respond on my
own to
> whatever actually happened in real life. I need to semi-manually
look for
> sells that apply to things I actually bought, pick out the top
> PositionScores from among the buys, and figure out my own position
sizes. I
> think it's doable. luckily, this system doesn't use stops, so it
doesn't
> have to know exactly what was really purchased to tell me what it's
doing.

> I hate to ask the obvious question folks, but is anyone actually
trading a
> mechanical system they manage with AB? how do you do it?
>
> dave
>
>   This is one of the reasons why I was reluctant to include
that 'next day
> recommendations' in backtester at all.
>   I was always saying that you have to wait for full featured
account
> manager to handle it.
>   I have been reluctant but still many people pushed 'next day
> recommendation' concept so I added it.
>   Now you are facing the challenge I had in mind writing that you
would need
> full account manager section not just quick hack.
>
>   So again I may repeat what I wrote already a number of times.
This will be
> easy with full account manager implemented.
>
>   Best regards,
>   Tomasz Janeczko
>   amibroker.com

Lion's
> Gate
>         Films,
>         > earlier today said last tick 3.95, bid .01, asked 10, no
major
>         immediate
>         > news I saw. what is that about? optionsXpress' paper
system
>         wouldn't let me
>         > short 2 others.)
>         >
>         > does anyone have any ideas on how to best move forward
from here?
>         the
>         > backtest thinks I'm already in 10 stocks, so unless I get
exit
>         signals
>         > tonight, it won't show me any new buys, and if there are
sells,
>         it'll only
>         > show that number of buys.
>         >
>         > the only thing I could think of to sync things back up
again is
>         funky: hard
>         > code some exceptions, like:
>         >
>         > ticker = Name();
>         > if(ticker == "LGF" or ticker == "CCBL" or ticker
== "TRID") {
>         >   buy = buy and Date() != 1031103
>         > }
>         >
>         > as time goes on, more of these would need to be added
every time
>         something
>         > unpredictable happened on the execution side.
>         >
>         > any other ideas? anyone trading backtests like this?
>         >
>         > dave
>

>         Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>         Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx