[amibroker] Re: New Variable Class

Phsst,
the procedure is described at GetCategorySymbols( category, index )
example.
Here is, for example, the MeanRSI

function MeanRSIforGroup( listnum )
{
 list = GetCategorySymbols( categoryGroup, listnum );
 Average = 0;
 for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
 {
   C1 = Foreign( sym, "C" );
   f=RSIa(C1,14);
   if( i == 0 ) Average = f;
   else Average = Average + f;
 }
 return Average / i;
}
Plot( MeanRSIforGroup( 254 ), "MeanRSI", colorPink );
Filter=MeanRSIforGroup(254)>50;
AddColumn(MeanRSIforGroup( 254 ), "");

It is a bit slow, but it is one-step composite creation for both
IB/AA.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> Currently, all variables (global and local) reflect information
about
> the current symbol only.
>
> To perform calculations against multiple securities, you must use
> AddToComposite which restricts the user to O,H,L,C,V,OI fields along
> with their pre-defined constraining formats which preclude the
> calculation and storage of very large numbers. It also usually
> requires at least two passes against separate AFL or AFL/IB afl code
> to work with the results.  There is certainly a need for
> AddToComposite, but I think there is also a need for a simpler set
of
> composite values.
>
> I'd like to see a new variable class within AFL for computations
> across the entire database or watchlist. For lack of a better word,
> "composite variable" whose value is maintained across multiple
> securities and which the AFL engine does not initialize with each
new
> symbol. Also, a composite variable that can be displayed with
> AddColumn just like the other variables using Filter = LastBar
logic.

> This would allow the user to put together some quick, one-pass
> explorations for calculating multiple issue stats and to display
those
> figures in the same afl. No ~Composite files would be created, and
> very large numbers could be calculated and displayed using more
> flexable variable type declarations of float (or others).
>
> I'm posting this here to see if I am alone in wanting this feature,
in
> which case I won't pass it along to TJ as a suggestion.
>
> Comments?
>
> Phsst

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.