[amibroker] Re: New Variable Class

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Phsst:  I certainly support your concept and have often wished for
such
> a feature.  I tried an elaborate system of AtoCs but found it
difficult
> and cumbersome to keep up to date.
Ken,
One important note. The scanless composite creation *is updated
automatically* after any new EOD, even for intraday use.
If you paste in an IB window the MeanRSI formula and you download EOD
automatically every 1min, the MeanRSI will be updated almost
immediately ! Give it a try, it is cute.
[suppose always you have an aligned database...]
Dimitris Tsokakis

Not being a programmer, automating
> it outside of AFL was also a nonstarter for me.  So I support your
> concept.
>
> That said, such a suggestion would have to fall somewhere on Tomasz'
> To-Do and Priority lists and I suspect would not show up for a long
> time, if at all.
>
> Sure wish there was some "canned" or almost "canned" examples of a
> simple global, multiple stock index or quantity that knowledgeable
> persons might post for others to use.  (Hint Hint Fred---copy some
code
> from one of your scripts and share it with us--TIA).
>
> Ken

I'll
> take a look at the Osaka dll. As far as ABTool goes... the author
> deliberately 'burned the bridges' a long time ago.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phsst
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > Phsst,
> >
> > Don't reach for any wooden stakes or silver bullets but there are
> > constructs in ABTool and probably in the Osaka plugin as well
that
> > should allow you to do what you want.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Currently, all variables (global and local) reflect information
> > about
> > > the current symbol only.
> > >
> > > To perform calculations against multiple securities, you must
use
> > > AddToComposite which restricts the user to O,H,L,C,V,OI fields
along
> > > with their pre-defined constraining formats which preclude the
> > > calculation and storage of very large numbers. It also usually
> > > requires at least two passes against separate AFL or AFL/IB afl
code
> > > to work with the results.  There is certainly a need for
> > > AddToComposite, but I think there is also a need for a simpler
set
> > of
> > > composite values.
> > >
> > > I'd like to see a new variable class within AFL for computations
> > > across the entire database or watchlist. For lack of a better
word,
> > > "composite variable" whose value is maintained across multiple
> > > securities and which the AFL engine does not initialize with
each
> > new
> > > symbol. Also, a composite variable that can be displayed with
> > > AddColumn just like the other variables using Filter = LastBar
> > logic.
> > >
> > > This would allow the user to put together some quick, one-pass
> > > explorations for calculating multiple issue stats and to
display
> > those
> > > figures in the same afl. No ~Composite files would be created,
and
> > > very large numbers could be calculated and displayed using more
> > > flexable variable type declarations of float (or others).
> > >
> > > I'm posting this here to see if I am alone in wanting this
feature,
> > in
> > > which case I won't pass it along to TJ as a suggestion.
> > >
> > > Comments?
> > >
> > > Phsst
>

> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx