RE: [amibroker] trading backtests in real life

"<FONT
color=#000000 size=3>last tick 3.95, bid .01, asked
10"
<SPAN
class=720080700-05112003>
Sounds like this
was before the market opened.  This is usually garbage to ignore and once
the market opens, the bid/ask spread is more reasonable.  Last tick should
mean last price at close previous day.

<FONT face="Vladimir Script" color=#000080
size=5>Rick

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Dave Merrill
  [mailto:dmerrill@xxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 5:56
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
  trading backtests in real lifethe new backtest
  feature that allows us to see signals for the next day is awonderful step
  towards sane real life trading of AA tests. however, I wonderif anyone any
  ideas on how to handle a real life situation that came up inpaper trading
  today.understand that I'm not asking for full portfolio management or
  anything, orjust bitching; I know that's coming at some point. I'm just
  trying to figureout what to do now, given the current tools we
  have.the system I'm trying out is a scored non-rotational portfolio,
  trading 10positions max. I got 10 entry signals for today, the first day
  of papertrading, but couldn't enter 3 of them for various reasons that
  actuallycould happen in real life, I think. (for instance, LGF, Lion's
  Gate Films,earlier today said last tick 3.95, bid .01, asked 10, no major
  immediatenews I saw. what is that about? optionsXpress' paper system
  wouldn't let meshort 2 others.)does anyone have any ideas on how
  to best move forward from here? thebacktest thinks I'm already in 10
  stocks, so unless I get exit signalstonight, it won't show me any new
  buys, and if there are sells, it'll onlyshow that number of
  buys.the only thing I could think of to sync things back up again is
  funky: hardcode some exceptions, like:ticker =
  Name();if(ticker == "LGF" or ticker == "CCBL" or ticker == "TRID")
  {  buy = buy and Date() != 1031103}as time goes on, more
  of these would need to be added every time somethingunpredictable happened
  on the execution side.any other ideas? anyone trading backtests like
  this?daveSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.