[amibroker] trading backtests in real life

the new backtest feature that allows us to see signals for the next day is a
wonderful step towards sane real life trading of AA tests. however, I wonder
if anyone any ideas on how to handle a real life situation that came up in
paper trading today.

understand that I'm not asking for full portfolio management or anything, or
just bitching; I know that's coming at some point. I'm just trying to figure
out what to do now, given the current tools we have.

the system I'm trying out is a scored non-rotational portfolio, trading 10
positions max. I got 10 entry signals for today, the first day of paper
trading, but couldn't enter 3 of them for various reasons that actually
could happen in real life, I think. (for instance, LGF, Lion's Gate Films,
earlier today said last tick 3.95, bid .01, asked 10, no major immediate
news I saw. what is that about? optionsXpress' paper system wouldn't let me
short 2 others.)

does anyone have any ideas on how to best move forward from here? the
backtest thinks I'm already in 10 stocks, so unless I get exit signals
tonight, it won't show me any new buys, and if there are sells, it'll only
show that number of buys.

the only thing I could think of to sync things back up again is funky: hard
code some exceptions, like:

ticker = Name();
if(ticker == "LGF" or ticker == "CCBL" or ticker == "TRID") {
  buy = buy and Date() != 1031103
}

as time goes on, more of these would need to be added every time something
unpredictable happened on the execution side.

any other ideas? anyone trading backtests like this?

dave

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511