[amibroker] Re: Interpretation of Robustness Pics

No, I don't. The idea is first to run all 5 criteria to see if a
system is robust(by this definition anyway).  Once "deemed" robust you
then try to trade it on the best behaved issues.  Seems to me that
this makes sense no matter how robust the system is, because *nothing*
short of what God could create will trade everything well IMO.  You
don't even have to use the S&P stocks to find the best behaved issues
if you're overly concerned about curve fitting, although I think this
would unnecessarily eliminate tons of great candidates.

As for the process of finding the best issues, even if you use an
algorithm I personally would still want to manually run them through
criteria 3-5 as a double check.  So 3-5 have utility beyond simply
being part of a robustness standard, at least the way I use them.

I think everyone knows this but I like to keep repeating it: this is
only one way to skin the cat, certainly not the only way.  I'd add
that it's also a very labor intensive and boring way too because
there's a lot of manual checking and it looks mostly to hit singles.

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/I3w.vC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/GHeqlB/TM