[amibroker] Re: STOP THE FLAME WARS NOW !!!!

That's 27 demerits for trashing the referee elect ...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CedarCreekTrading" <kernish@xxxx>
wrote:
> MessageDingo is short, sleazy and sips She-Crab soup.  How could
anyone trust such a low-life?

You gotta be kidding me!!  8-)

>   That kind of suggestion would get me drawn and quartered.. .
>
>   Actually, I don't think Pal's post was that bad - The problem,
IMHO, stems from the probablitly that English is not Pal's first
language and he's mis-interpreted some of the posts.  I also believe
that Pal's full of it and likes being provocative.  If you'd like
boot Pal off just put his id on your "twit filter" and when his posts
come in send them to the deleted items folder or if you're browsing -
just click the next button when you see his id.

>   Even with Pal this remains one of the calmest boards on the net
and I don't think we need a "thread nazi".

method is working.  People have been sniping at each other for the
past weeks, and even some of the more upstanding members of our board
have been dragged in.  Consequently, the quality of the board has
suffered as many have pointed out in posts, yet the only comment I've
read from you on the board was to Fred saying it wasn't his place to
tell people to "go away".

>     We all have bad days which we bring into posts.  That's okay.
I'm just asking you to step in and break it up when it happens.
Somebody gotta moderate the masses, but I don't think "voting"
members off the board a la "Survivor" is a good idea.

>     We're all adults.  So, when asked nicely to stop acting
childish results in more bickering from the member in question, then
you should given them the axe.  Simple as that.

>     By the way, I'm not complaining about Pal specifically.  A lot
of people have been sniping at him as much as he's been sniping
them.  That's why you need to step in and referee or assign someone
to do that.  I nominate Dingo : )

http://www.egroups.com/files/amibroker/groupfaq.html

>       What are the guidelines for posting?
>         a.. Subscribers that do not use standard list etiquette may
be removed from the list if a subscriber vote indicates that this is
what the list wants

>       So if I receive 5 more complaints about Pal or anyone else I
may be forced to remove given person, or
>       switch him/her into "moderated" status.
>
>       Best regards,
>       Tomasz Janeczko
>       amibroker.com

you are smart enough to know that.

>         TJ, you have got to step in or assign someone this duty NOW
or else this board will degenerate into the patheticly useless
TradeStation list.

>         Respectfully,
>         Gary
>
>         palsanand <palsanand@xxxx> wrote:
>           Hi Mark,
>
>           You are magnanimous and indomitable.  You are like my big
brother, so
>           is Steve.  You both have superegos and it is unfortunate
that you
>           both could not reconcile your differences yet.  I am the
loser and I
>           suspect so are others.  You must measure what you might
gain by what
>           you might lose...
>
>           rgds, Pal
>           --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "quanttrader714"
>           <quanttrader714@xxxx> wrote:
>           > It's late and I've had too much scotch, so one very
quick example
>           > which I'll explain the basics of but would like to have
someone else
>           > please take a stab at interpreting.
>           >
>           > To recap the Robustness Criteria, Condensed Version 1-5:
>           >
>           > 1. Test on small, mid & large cap stocks in bull, bear
& sideways
>           > markets.
>           > 2. Evaluate performance on top 20% most actively traded
small, mid &
>           > large cap stocks.
>           > 3. Graph and evaluate system performance consistency (%
profit/trade
>           > and % profit/bar) on select stocks.
>           > 4. Perform simulation to estimate probability of profit
in 10 trades
>           > (for select stocks).
>           > 5. Perform simulation to estimate future drawdown (for
select
>           stocks).
>           >
>           > For this example I picked a stock, any stock.  I think
everyone gets
>           > what I mean by criteria 1 and 2 (whether they agree or
not), correct
>           > me if I'm wrong.  I've posted the output of criteria 3-
5 in the
>           > example folder in the photos section.  Criterion 3
output is photos
>           1
>           > and 2, criterion 4 output is photos 3 and 4, and
criterion 5 output
>           is
>           > photos 5 and 6.  I think the criterion 3 graphs are
self
>           explanatory.
>           >  On criterion 4, forget how it's calculated for now.
It estimates
>           the
>           > probability of profit (and how much) at the end of 10
trades.  Unit
>           of
>           > measure is % of starting equity.  Looking at the
histogram, the
>           > highest bin (the mode of the distribution) is 19.16 --
29.63 which
>           > means approx 15.5% of the time (y axis) the profit at
the end of 10
>           > trades fell in this bin, between 19.16% and 29.63% of
initial
>           equity.
>           >  The cumulative distribution graph is the histogram in
cumulative
>           > form and shows the likelihood that a result falls below
the value on
>           > the x axis.  For example, 20% of the simulations (of
the sum of 10
>           > trades) lost money so you can *estimate* there's an 80%
chance
>           you'll
>           > be profitable after 10 trades with this.  Same unit of
measure for
>           max
>           > dd and those graphs are read the same way.  P.S. Each
simulation was
>           > 1000 runs, so the graphs of criterion 3 show one actual
pass through
>           > the data by AB, while the others depict the collective
results of
>           1000
>           > simulated runs (and include my adjustment factor).
>

>           Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>           Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
of Service.

>         Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard
>
>         Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>         Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511