RE: [amibroker] Re: STOP THE FLAME WARS NOW !!!!

WRONG!
The evidence actually points to the fact that your insanity is deeper than even
YOU think!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
BTW -
we have some very serious THREAD DRIFT everyone!  Now lets get back to
work, everyone!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: quanttrader714
  [mailto:quanttrader714@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003
  10:32 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [amibroker] Re: STOP THE FLAME WARS NOW !!!!Hey Dale,
  I think what you just posted is only further evidence thatyou'd make an
  excellent referee (if we had one).  But I could be wrongbecause
  unlike Ken who was only joking about being insane, I actually*am* insane
  (but functional), lol.--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo"
  <dingo@xxxx> wrote:> What the hell did I do to you to deserve
  this kind of attack??!! You> gotta be kidding me!!
  8-)>  > That kind of suggestion would get me drawn and
  quartered.. .>  > Actually, I don't think Pal's post was
  that bad - The problem, IMHO,> stems from the probablitly that English
  is not Pal's first languageand> he's mis-interpreted some of the
  posts.  I also believe that Pal'sfull> of it and likes being
  provocative.  If you'd like boot Pal off justput> his id on
  your "twit filter" and when his posts come in send themto the>
  deleted items folder or if you're browsing - just click the
  nextbutton> when you see his id.  >  > Even
  with Pal this remains one of the calmest boards on the net andI>
  don't think we need a "thread nazi".>  > d> >
  -----Original Message-----> From: Gary A. Serkhoshian
  [mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxx] > Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 10:10
  AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [amibroker] STOP
  THE FLAME WARS NOW !!!!> > > Tomasz,>
  > I appreciate your response, but I really don't think your method
  is> working.  People have been sniping at each other for the
  pastweeks, and> even some of the more upstanding members of our
  board have beendragged> in.  Consequently, the quality of the
  board has suffered as manyhave> pointed out in posts, yet the only
  comment I've read from you on the> board was to Fred saying it wasn't
  his place to tell people to "go> away".>  > We all
  have bad days which we bring into posts.  That's okay.
  I'mjust> asking you to step in and break it up when it
  happens.  Somebodygotta> moderate the masses, but I don't
  think "voting" members off theboard a> la "Survivor" is a good
  idea.>  > We're all adults.  So, when asked nicely to
  stop acting childishresults> in more bickering from the member in
  question, then you should given> them the axe.  Simple as
  that.>  > By the way, I'm not complaining about Pal
  specifically.  A lot ofpeople> have been sniping at him as
  much as he's been sniping them.  That'swhy> you need to step
  in and referee or assign someone to do that.  I> nominate Dingo :
  )>  > Warmest,> Gary> > >
  Tomasz Janeczko <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:> >
  Hello,>  > I expressed it several times that flame wars of
  any kind will not be> tolerated here.> As written in Group
  FAQ:> <A
  href="">http://www.egroups.com/files/amibroker/groupfaq.html>
  > What are the guidelines for posting? > >
  *      Subscribers that do not use standard list
  etiquette may be> removed from the list if a subscriber vote indicates
  that this iswhat> the list wants> >  > So
  if I receive 5 more complaints about Pal or anyone else I may be>
  forced to remove given person, or> switch him/her into "moderated"
  status.>  > Best regards,> Tomasz Janeczko>
  amibroker.com> > ----- Original Message ----- > From:
  Gary A. Serkhoshian <mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxx>  > To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 2:53
  PM> Subject: [amibroker] STOP THE FLAME WARS NOW !!!!> >
  The e-mail below is nothing more than inflamatory, and Pal you
  aresmart> enough to know that.>  > TJ, you have
  got to step in or assign someone this duty NOW or elsethis> board
  will degenerate into the patheticly useless TradeStation list.>
  > Respectfully,> Gary> > palsanand
  <palsanand@xxxx> wrote:> > Hi Mark,> > You
  are magnanimous and indomitable.  You are like my big brother,so
  > is Steve.  You both have superegos and it is unfortunate that
  you > both could not reconcile your differences yet.  I am the
  loser andI > suspect so are others.  You must measure what you
  might gain bywhat > you might lose...> > rgds,
  Pal> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "quanttrader714" >
  <quanttrader714@xxxx> wrote:> > It's late and I've had too
  much scotch, so one very quick example> > which I'll explain the
  basics of but would like to have someoneelse> > please take a
  stab at interpreting.> > > > To recap the Robustness
  Criteria, Condensed Version 1-5:> > > > 1. Test on small,
  mid & large cap stocks in bull, bear & sideways> >
  markets.  > > 2. Evaluate performance on top 20% most actively
  traded small,mid &> > large cap stocks.> > 3.
  Graph and evaluate system performance consistency(%profit/trade>
  > and % profit/bar) on select stocks.> > 4. Perform simulation to
  estimate probability of profit in 10trades> > (for select
  stocks).> > 5. Perform simulation to estimate future drawdown (for
  select > stocks).> > > > For this example I picked
  a stock, any stock.  I think everyonegets> > what I mean by
  criteria 1 and 2 (whether they agree or not),correct> > me if
  I'm wrong.  I've posted the output of criteria 3-5 in the> >
  example folder in the photos section.  Criterion 3 output isphotos
  > 1> > and 2, criterion 4 output is photos 3 and 4, and
  criterion 5output > is> > photos 5 and 6.  I think
  the criterion 3 graphs are self > explanatory.> >  On
  criterion 4, forget how it's calculated for now.  Itestimates
  > the> > probability of profit (and how much) at the end of
  10 trades. Unit > of> > measure is % of starting
  equity.  Looking at the histogram, the> > highest bin (the mode
  of the distribution) is 19.16 -- 29.63 which> > means approx 15.5%
  of the time (y axis) the profit at the end of10> > trades fell
  in this bin, between 19.16% and 29.63% of initial > equity.>
  >  The cumulative distribution graph is the histogram in cumulative
  > > form and shows the likelihood that a result falls below the
  valueon> > the x axis.  For example, 20% of the simulations
  (of the sum of 10> > trades) lost money so you can *estimate*
  there's an 80% chance > you'll> > be profitable after 10
  trades with this.  Same unit of measurefor > max> >
  dd and those graphs are read the same way.  P.S. Each
  simulationwas> > 1000 runs, so the graphs of criterion 3 show
  one actual passthrough> > the data by AB, while the others
  depict the collective results of > 1000> > simulated runs
  (and include my adjustment factor).> > > > Send
  BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
  your identity with> Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard > > Send BUG
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  . > > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
  your identity with> Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard > > Yahoo!
  Groups Sponsor      > >
  ADVERTISEMENT>  > <<A
  href="">http://rd.yahoo.com/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705>
  632198:HM/A=1754451/R=0/SIG=11tpj98m3/*<A
  href="">http://www.netflix.com/Default?mq>
  so=60178323&partid=4116719> click here
  >  > <<A
  href="">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egrou>