size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: quanttrader714
  [mailto:quanttrader714@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003
  4:52 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
  Re: Robustness ChallengeDale,You got that
  right on the nutz part, lol, but that's beside the point!  Hope I
  didn't scare everyone off!  Seriously, let's just say I havea high
  degree of confidence this would work out well and be a lot offun,
  too.  I'm actually pretty busy but could commit around an hour orso a
  day, sometimes more, sometimes less as long as others wereinterested
  enough to actively participate.  On profits, you had itright when you
  said it's my money, lol.  But with this "challenge,"the goal would be
  base hits anyway, not home runs, so we're nottalking anything
  significant.  Would enjoy having you on the team ifthe idea
  takes!Regards,Mark--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:> You're nutz, duude!  I think
  you're getting carried away with this> community thing. >
  > BUT, as long as its YOUR money, I'm in!   Do we get to
  split the> profits?>  > And yes we prolly need
  another group - the TS group sounds like awinner> to me.
  From: quanttrader714 [mailto:quanttrader714@xxxx] > Sent: Sunday,
  November 02, 2003 11:40 AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [amibroker] Robustness Challenge> > > We all
  know this is a great group.  If we put our heads together ina>
  cooperative manner, I believe we can accomplish anything within>
  reason, to include trading profitably.  Especially if the
  systemsare> robust.  A few posts have mentioned brokerage
  statements andfrankly,> that is the bottom line.  So how
  about...> > 1) We cover the 9 robustness criteria and come to a
  *group*> consensus on which to use and what parameters for a
  *group*robustness> standard (I think it was DT who first suggested
  a group baseline).  > > 2) We have a *group* competition to
  develop simple systems thattrade> often and meet the
  criteria.  > > 3) We prepare a *group* trading plan to
  trade one or more of those> systems.> > 4) We iron out
  the bugs in simulated trading.> > 5) If *everyone* puts their
  best effort into this *and* I buy intothe> final products of 1-4, I
  will fund a small account (but large enough> to adequately trade what
  we come up with) and trade it according to> the plan, publicly on the
  board, *and post the results and> statements*.  Of course, I'd
  have veto power over taking any/all> trades but would justify (e.g.,
  earnings coming out, I'm sick or> drunk, etc.).> > 6) The
  *group* writes up its successful experiment in S&C keepingall>
  names out except Amibroker which is, afterall, what brought us>
  together in the first place and what would make this
  possible(unless> Tomasz objects).> > There are a lot
  of "ifs" here but is this a good idea and if so,> should we use this
  board, amibroker-ts, a new amibroker board or> other?  Obviously
  this would be a long term project.  Who's> interested and willing
  to see it through?> > Regards,> > Mark>
  > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
  > > ADVERTISEMENT>  > <<A
  href="">http://rd.yahoo.com/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705>
  632198:HM/A=1754451/R=0/SIG=11tpj98m3/*<A
  href="">http://www.netflix.com/Default?mq>
  so=60178323&partid=4116719> click here
  >  > <<A
  href="">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egrou>