Re: [amibroker] Robustivity

Gee Owen,

Fred missed the posted equity lines and you've
missed the oscillator (with trigger lines) to represent exactly what days trades
were positioned.  This was a basic, default, example of how a momentum
oscillator can be used to "build" a system around an indicator.  The code
is in the library.  If I posted any numbers, people would, no doubt, post
"needlessly contentious and somewhat content-free" snipes of it's
weaknesses.

So, look at the equity line to determine a ballpark
drawdown.  Run the system on your own EOD data.  And please, please
keep in mind:  this is an example of a solid indicator trading fairly tough
markets...with no modifications or variable optimizations.  That's all, an
educational example.  I'd be glad to defend and discuss every aspect of the
system that I trade...except, that's only shared with people who make
"nice-nice".

I know you go way back to the MS forum and have
seen these discussions before.  I'd be glad to continue this discussion
privately.  I'm a bit "fried" from defending a simple premise.  Gee if
only Larry Williams was here to tell us the real truth...

Take care,

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE