[amibroker] Re: Robustivity

I saw the line but it's not exactly what I'd call informative without
the rest of the associated statistical information.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CedarCreekTrading" <kernish@xxxx>
wrote:
> Gee Owen,
>
> Fred missed the posted equity lines and you've missed the
oscillator (with trigger lines) to represent exactly what days trades
were positioned.  This was a basic, default, example of how a
momentum oscillator can be used to "build" a system around an
indicator.  The code is in the library.  If I posted any numbers,
people would, no doubt, post "needlessly contentious and somewhat
content-free" snipes of it's weaknesses.

> So, look at the equity line to determine a ballpark drawdown.  Run
the system on your own EOD data.  And please, please keep in mind:
this is an example of a solid indicator trading fairly tough
markets...with no modifications or variable optimizations.  That's
all, an educational example.  I'd be glad to defend and discuss every
aspect of the system that I trade...except, that's only shared with
people who make "nice-nice".

> I know you go way back to the MS forum and have seen these
discussions before.  I'd be glad to continue this discussion
privately.  I'm a bit "fried" from defending a simple premise.  Gee
if only Larry Williams was here to tell us the real truth...

> Take care,
>
> Steve

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511