Re: [amibroker] TJ- QP2 or TC2000???

I have used MS Downloader for over 6 years
and have never had a problem with it.  It is somewhat old and needs
updated, but it works great. It also has a data checking tool that checks for
140 different possible problems with MS data files.

You can setup and maintain your data files with it
and still use another program to download and update the data.

I'm not saying that MS is the perfect format
for data, but it works for me.

There is a source for a free Downloader
at:
<A
href="">http://www.equis.com/Products/ReutersDataLink/Downloader.aspx
For some reason the site is down as I write this,
but should be back up soon. If you really need a copy bad, let me know and I'll
send it to you.
Be aware that it is 7513KB.

I run lots of backtests and simulations but
haven't ran any with a different data format, so can't say about speed,
but considering the size of my 'formulas', I don't think that the MS data
format is the limiting factor.

-CS
<BLOCKQUOTE