[amibroker] Re: Managing drawdowns (was % channels)

Nice try ... As far as what trading system he used and whether or not
it was viable, how would I know.  As far as what MM techniques he
used, again how would I know except for the fact that it seems to say
one of two things, either his stuff doesn't work as demonstrated in
his book or he didn't think well enough of it to use it as opposed to
using something else.  As far as your other reference goes, your
either part of that group in which case you should have understood
the reply I made and it should have made some sense or you aren't in
which case you don't have a clue as to what you are referring to.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "MarkF2" <feierstein@xxxx> wrote:
> "LOL, right ..."?  What simulation software did you use?  No
answer?
> I didn't think I'd get one.  You don't know what you're talking
about
> unless you've run extensive MCS on these methods with numerous
systems
> and compared them side by side.  I've tested Van Tharp's stuff and
> would agree that it works.  But there's stuff in Jones' book that
> produces better risk/reward curves.  BTW, what he did with his own
> account (assuming what you say is true) is irrelevant.  How do you
> *know* that he did it "using his own methods?"  Did he have a viable
> trading system to begin with? Did he follow it?  If so, which money
> management method from his book did he use and did he follow that?
> Your humble opinion, lol?  This from the guy who banned Tomasz from
> his group, lol!  Look Fred, if you've got nothing better to do than
> sit there and try to start a flame war, please do it with someone
> else.  Because you simply don't know what you're talking about on
> this.  Have a great day.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > LOL, right ...
> >
> > IMHO Van K. Tharp's writings on this topic are more on target.
> >
> > And in all honesty I'm not surprised that Jones traded his own
> account
> > (s) into 90+% DD's using his own mehtods.
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "MarkF2" <feierstein@xxxx>
wrote:
> > > Well you didn't do it correctly.  What simulation software did
> [...]
Easier
> > said

> > 50%
> even