[amibroker] Re: Managing drawdowns (was % channels)

Hi Leo!

Let me elaborate.  Although I wouldn't put $.02 on a *simple*
Martingale or anti-Martingale method of money management, I do think
that the latter is certainly viable while the former is not. How to do
better?  I'd recommend reading The Trading Game by Ryan Jones *and
then running simulations* of the tradeoff between equity growth and
drawdown for the various methods *for your trading systems*.  I
developed my personal favorites after reading this book but everyone
needs to look at their own curves from their own simulations for
themselves to see what suits them best.  This is a tedious project and
not much fun, but well worth the effort in my opinion.  BTW, if you
look at the reviews of this book on amazon, there are some *incredibly
ignorant* ones by people who obviously didn't take the time to dig in
to the material and do their homework which to me, is running
simulations on all of the methods.  I have and trust me, lol, there's
good stuff in this book.

Best Regards,

Mark

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "leonardot19" <leo.timmermans@xxxx>