RE: [amibroker] Re: % channels

<SPAN
class=521002903-29102003>I've been wondering, could I trade a system with 50%
average gain per year since '95, and max system drawdown of 40-50%. even if I've
seen that in backtests beforehand, could I really look at that kind of drop in
my account and still believe I was doing the right thing? or would I think it'd
finally just stopped working? and if I am able to ignore that much drawdown, how
would I know if it really *had* stopped working?
<SPAN
class=521002903-29102003>
<SPAN
class=521002903-29102003>by the half-the-gain-twice-the-drawdown tolerability
rule, this is a non-starter.
<SPAN
class=521002903-29102003>
<SPAN
class=521002903-29102003>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
>Defense
  ... Yep or as I've said it's not what you make, it's what you keep.
  DD's are killers from lots of aspects not just in terms of what they do to
  your account balance but also what they do to ones  ability
  psycologically to trade and stay with systems that do
work.