RE: [amibroker] Re: trailing stop question from new user

Jim, normally this crowd is fairly placid and well behaved. I guess the
keeper is late feeding them today. :-)

In answer to your query, have you checked it to see if it works in an
exploration.
I have used formula to determine the buyprice myself and normally works ok.
Best way is to check the results yourself as below as example.

Filter = 1;
Addcolumn(Buy or Sell,"BorS",1);
Addcolumn(L,"L",1.2);
Addcolumn(buystop,"BS",1.2);
Addcolumn(buyprice,"BP",1.2);
Addcolumn(H,"H",1.2);
Addcolumn(sellstop,"SS",1.2);
Addcolumn(sellprice,"SP",1.2);

Another thing to consider if you are using Buyprice for something else is
that you can often get additional Buy signals before an Sell signal arrives.
This will have the effect of resetting your prices used for exits as it will
take that new buy signal price. To remove this effect use
Buy = Exrem(Buy,Sell);
This will remove the surplus unwanted buy signals.

Cheers,
Graham
http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia