[amibroker] Re: trailing stop question from new user

Sheesh, this is a tough crowd here.

I wasn't even referring to the trailing stop issue from earlier, I
just wondered why Tomasz said I couldn't do something that was
clearly stated as possible in the user guide.

Thus my comment about my possibly missing something obvious.

I have only had the software a few days, OK?

Jim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Yes, you have missed something obvious here...
>
> Tomasz told you twice that in order to accomplish what you want,
then
> you must use something similar to the example looping code he
posted
> in his first response.
>
> And I made a post with the Subject line of "Trailing Stop Example",
> that gave you an even closer solution to what you want to
accomplish.

> But you don't seem to want follow the suggested approach, so you
> continue to try to fit a square peg into a round hole.
>
> In order to backtest a trailing stop condition as you described,
you
> *MUST* resort to the looping approach that was presented to you.
There

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511