[amibroker] Re: Dimitris... QQQ Trendline Support again

Moving from Japan to Europe, 4h50 before the NY bell, the general
outlook is not bearish. The day is still young, we shall know more 3h
later. [when I write "we", I add you to the great holygrail-less team
I belong. Some happy traders know everything in advance, I do not
belong to this [boring] category, I have to work hard for the bread
an butter of my family and I like it].
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> Phsst,
> Since we know [http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=105]
> the support line equation
> trendlineS = aS * ( x -endt ) + bS;
> we may explore with
> filter=abs(L-trendlineS)<coeff*L
> and see the probable "touch".
> Coeff values between 0.01 and 0.02 give an idea.
> Here is an example
>
> per=3;// calibrate
> x = Cum(1);
> s1=L;
> s11=H;
> pS = TroughBars( s1, per, 1 ) == 0;
> endt= LastValue(ValueWhen( pS, x, 1 ));
> startt=LastValue(ValueWhen( pS, x, 2 ));
> dtS =endt-startt;
> endS = LastValue(ValueWhen( pS, s1, 1 ) );
> startS = LastValue( ValueWhen( pS, s1, 2 ));
> aS = (endS-startS)/dtS;
> bS = endS;
> trendlineS = aS * ( x -endt ) + bS;
> Coeff=0.01;// calibrate
> F=abs(L-trendlineS)<Coeff*L;
> AddColumn((abs(L-trendlineS))/L,"Coeff",1.3);
> Filter=f;
>
> Select your Coeff and explore.
> As for your second question, do not forget the other
interpretation,
> a "touch" is ideal for a bearish breakout...
> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> > Dimitris,
> >
> > A few weeks ago we exchanged some trendline dialogs when the
QQQ's
> had
> > hit trendline support.
> >
> > I made the QQQ trade a day or two late on (10/02), but still made
> > nice profit.
> >
> > Well, the Q's are bouncing around the lower support trendline
again.

> > The only way I can figure to play it is to buy 'at support' again.
> >
> > I now have a collection of 'trendline' indicators (from you and
> > others) that I intend to convert into explores that will find
these
> > opportunities for me. But the 'Pattern Recognization' afl did not
> pick
> > up on the Q's tonight.
> >
> > Just wanted to mention this to you to see if you might be as
curious
> > as me about trying to trigger a signal on such a strong signal.
> >
> > Phsst

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!