[amibroker] Re: Did you ever...

Tomasz,
thank you for the detailed info.
I was totally out of the SelectedValue( array )function. [4.10 to
4.40 was a hard time to follow upgrades and your speed is a bit below
c...]
The interesting side effect of this discussion is that there was a
pre-4.46 solution to my  question Re:strextract() function with
variable item.
Now I have already two [equivalent ?]alternatives for

x=Cum(1)%10;// the variable item
List=GetCategorySymbols(categoryGroup,254);
// w=StrExtract(List,x);// Error 2: bad arguments
y=StrExtract(List,SelectedValue(x));
z=StrExtract(List,StrToNum(NumToStr(x)));

Both y and z give the same result to this need to "read" the name of
the stock. I will follow the SelectedValue, since you say it is faster
[I hope you donīt expect from me to understand the pseudo-C
description !!!]
The  StrToNum(NumToStr(x)) is closer to my EXCEL experience, I was
often using the Value(text) function together with the concatenate().
In final analysis, the metamorphose of a number to text and number
again is always impressive for a non-programmer...
Dimitris Tsokakis

<amibroker@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Dimitris,
> > >
> > > As written in the read me NumToStr uses "SelectedValue".
> > >
> > > Exactly the same could be achieved simpler:
> > >
> > > Plot(C,"C",1,64);
> > > Plot(SelectedValue(L),"Moving Line",4,1);
> > >

> > > Best regards,
> > > Tomasz Janeczko
> > > amibroker.com

Rent DVDs from home.