Re: [amibroker] Re: solving the prediction problem

Hey ya'll,

Please everybody take it easy.

Here's a bit of Texas advice for this board and life:  If you think someone is behaving like a jackass, just walk away.

Kind Regards,
Gary
palsanand <palsanand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Larry Williams has nothing to do with this.  You still haven't understood what I meant, and I doubt you ever will.  You seem to hold to forever your moronic impression that statistics can prove anything.  May be it will prove your ignorance...Regards,Pal--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "MarkF2" <feierstein@xxxx> wrote:> I don't have a good grasp of statistics and you do, LOL?  I'll take> that as the ultimate compliment given your moronic comments on Larry> Williams and your equally ignorant misapplication of the Central Limit> Theorem and other statistical topics on this board.  Can't prove> anything in statistics?   Wrong again (as usual)!  There are tons of> proofs in statistics.  But that's not what you meant, right?  You were>
 disputing the usefulness of dealing in probabilities as opposed to> certainties, weren't you?  Hello, anyone home?  That's what trading is> all about!  If you want to study a *really* good trader who also> happens to be a mathematician and who BTW, I believe also believes> that statistics is the most useful branch of mathematics for trading,> look into William Eckhardt.> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "palsanand" <palsanand@xxxx> wrote:> > I do not dispute the usefulness of statistics, only in the use of> it > > to prove something, which anybody who has a good grasp of> statistics > > in this planet knows, which apparently you don't.> > > > Regards,> > > > Pal> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "MarkF2" <feierstein@xxxx> wrote:> > > What planet are you from?  Statistics *is*
 a branch of applied> > > mathematics and, IMHO, the single most useful for trading.> > > > > > "Each of us has been doing statistics all his life, in the sense > > that> > > each of us has been busily reaching conclusions based on empirical> > > observations ever since birth." -- William Kruskal > > > > > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "palsanand" <palsanand@xxxx> > > wrote:> > > > > > > Like I said earlier, Statistics is meaningless in the context > > that > > > > you can come out with statistics to disprove anything.  Proof > > > > requires a law or a theorem.  Only Mathematics can prove or> > > disprove > > > > and that is one reason it is the greatest of all sciences.Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Do you Yahoo!?