[amibroker] Re: size of an array in AFL?

You should decide if you consider the {empty} part into the "size" of
an arrayor not.
StochD(50) is not defined [it is empty] for many bars in the
beginning. Does the empty part belongs to the size of the array ?
The answer is not that simple and may lead to confusion.
The
array=log((cum(1)-300)*(cum(1)-500))
is not defined [empty] from the 300th to the 500th bar. What is the
size of this array ?
A quantity should exist first and then speak for its size.
Do not confuse the existence of an array with the way amibroker plots
the array. Amibroker "knows" the data lenght of a symbol and plots
all functions according to this "size".  If IBM has 900 data in your
database and you select IBM from your symbol tree, then all the
arrays would have size=900. If, in the same database INTC has 899
data, then the same arrays will have a new "size"=899. This would
lead to contradiction about the real size of an MA(C,10) array.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
wrote:
> thanks dimitris, I like it. simple and direct.
>
> dave
>   Dave,
>   for an array X the size is Cum(IsTrue(X))
>   I suppose here  you are not interested for the {empty} bars.
>   If you need to include the empty bars also, then the size is
simply
>   Cum(1).
>   [Both above are 1-basis counting]
>   Dimitris Tsokakis
>   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   > in most languages, it's possible to find out the size of an
array
>   directly,
>   > by examining some property of the array itself or applying some
>   function to
>   > it, without having to know how it was created. some examples
are:
>   >
>   >     array.length
>   >     array.size
>   >     SizeOfArray(array)
>   >
>   > is that possible in AFL? if not, it can be worked around since
we
>   do in
>   > general know how every array was created, but it's less elegant
and
>   less
>   > self contained.
>   >
>   > dave
>   >
>   >   I'm not sure how to answer this because it depends on which
array
>   you are
>   > refering too.
>   >
>   >   Are you refering to a stock data array of some description?
If so

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511