RE: [amibroker] Re: size of an array in AFL?

<SPAN
class=286082315-25102003>thanks dimitris, I like it. simple and
direct.
<SPAN
class=286082315-25102003>
<SPAN
class=286082315-25102003>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
>Dave,for
  an array X the size is Cum(IsTrue(X))I suppose here  you are not
  interested for the {empty} bars.If you need to include the empty bars
  also, then the size is simply Cum(1).[Both above are 1-basis
  counting]Dimitris Tsokakis--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave
  Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx> wrote:> in most languages, it's
  possible to find out the size of an array directly,> by examining
  some property of the array itself or applying some function to> it,
  without having to know how it was created. some examples are:>
  >     array.length>
  array.size>     SizeOfArray(array)> >
  is that possible in AFL? if not, it can be worked around since we do
  in> general know how every array was created, but it's less elegant and
  less> self contained.> > dave>
  >   I'm not sure how to answer this because it depends on
  which array you are> refering too.> >   Are
  you refering to a stock data array of some description? If so you>
  could use the Barcount constant which will return the number of bars in
  the> array. Remember it's zero based so the last bar is refered to as:
  Barcount -> 1> >
  Regards,>   William Peters>
  www.amitools.com