RE: [amibroker] Quote Editor Help - Part 2 - For Dingo

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomasz Janeczko [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 1:52 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Quote Editor Help - Part 2

Hello,

> Tomasz:

> What are we going to do with these people who just won't read
those

> tutorials?

Dale:  Here is the part of the tutorial that Tomasz referred to:

>"It also
works if you import the data for symbols that are NOT present in the database.
In this case newly imported symbols are marked by ASCII importer as "use
only local database for this symbol" (See Information window for details),
so they are EXCLUDED from the real-time update. This is useful if you want to
import some other data (even not quote data) and access it via Foreign function
while using your real-time database."

>Please note that it does not mention
having to fill in all the boxes or the close box in order to get data entered
into the database.

>While I agree with you in general that
some (many?) folks do not read the tutorials, in this case having done so would
not have helped.  Plus I would not have been naturally inclined to look
for help in the "How to Work with Real Time Plugins" when I do not
use a Real Time plug in.

>Do we remember the writing challenges for
the help file for Rx?