[amibroker] Re: Chaikin Money Flow question

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bill Pritchard <billpritjr@xxxx>
wrote:
> Curious how many people use Chaikin Money Flow as part of their
analysis.  If so, could you please pass along what is the "overall
best" time period to use?

> I use dual SMA crossover to trade stocks, mostly SP 500 index
stocks, with a time frame of 3 to 6 months from buy to sell or sell
short to cover.

> Looking to enhance my trading and CMF seems like possible good
indicator

> comments, info wanted!

Personally, I find that to be one of the most erratic indicators
around.  It works sometimes, but the misses are glaring, huge, and
unpredictable.  I don't even find it very good as a coincident, but
I'm sure some people swear by it, although I'd swear they are in
altered mind states.  ^_^

The only way I would consider using it would be with extreme
smoothing, and of course that is going to introduce extreme lag.

I would suggest you take a look at the Demand Index, smoothed.  Try
a TEMA of the 21 period DI, then overlay a 30 period EMA of that on
top of it.  I think you will find with practice you get a pretty
good feel for intermediate term direction.  This combination, used
wisely and with practice, will likely keep you from getting on the
wrong side of the market.

Be aware of where that 30 period EMA is in relation to zero, and
where the 21 period TEMA DI is in relation to both the 30 EMA, and
zero of course.

Compare a chart composed like that with the CMF, I think you'll
never look at the CMF again.  ^_-

YMMV,

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511