Re: Discretionary Trading Wish List... was Re: [amibroker] Fib projections

Amen, Brother !  I'm a system trader, but still need all those things!

Who on this list doesn't use the AmiBroker charts???Joe Maywood <jmaywood@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wavemechanic, and all...Friday, October 17, 2003, 4:41:19 PM, you wrote:w> Agree completely.  Miner, I think, popularizedw> this Fibonacci tool, and some may recognize it by his term "alternate pricew> projection."  I find that APP often is more significant than standardw> retracement/expansion/extension measures.Zacly. So some of these should seem familiar to you ;)As a thought starter, I offer the following as my off-the-cuff wishlist for AB relative to discretionary trading. A fair number of thefollowing have been communicated to Tomasz, but not all. He hascommitted to some, but per his comment, communicating a higher levelof interest and a good list will help our case (and timing).--------------------------------1. Full support for the right margin on a chart, including the
 abilityto project data into the future without offsetting / shifting theprice arrays. In many cases, this is where projections are done tokeep the sheet as clean as possible. Text, trendlines, fib structures,etc. should all "behave normally" in this margin area.2. A smoother scaling (zooming) for the x (date / time) axis, similarto what Tomasz did for the y-axis (shift-drag)... Yes I do know aboutctrl-scroll wheel, but this is not nearly as precise or quick.3. Several pitchfork enhancements including warning lines and a Schiff/ 50% retrace fork.4. Tweak the fib retracement tool. Heavy fib users have tons of lineson the screen, expecially in clusters. AB quickly becomes illedgibledue to the dotted line from the range trendline (useless in myopinion) and both price and percent levels on the screen (should beable to turn off, select a smaller font, and / or possibly relocateprice / percent level text). Personally,
 I much prefer the text to theright of the lines, not under, so that the text doesn't block priceaction.5. Fibonacci projections per my previous note.6. Arrows (line type).7. Dashed lines in addition to dots as a line type and more choicesin line thicknesses (both in drawing tools and programatically) forall screen objects.8. Date / time extensions and projections9. Date / time and price markers.Nice-to-haves1. The ability to select a smaller font for printing (title and axis)without affecting the (onscreen) display fonts.2. The ability to display text in a manner similar to plotshapes (ie.Programatically).3. A cycle tool------------------------------What's missing?Interest in these?- JoeSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Do you Yahoo!?