Re: [amibroker] Re: Robustness testing & Over-optimization checklist

yes it makes sense.
I used a ema that worked well but their near values did not....and when I
backtested it with new data the results were not good..
I always use half of the historical data to adjust system (parameters, risk
managemnt, etc)..Once I finish (before money management) I ran a backtest
and see how would have done in the "future" (with the other 50% percent of
historical data).
Also I backtest contracts seprately ...in this way you are sampling data and
seeing if returns are consistent...another way would be monthy testings.

BTW, I am still looking for a robust system with emas cross....How?

1) filter noise - wavelets

2) adaptive parameters (voli adjusted, pattern adjusted, etc)

3) neural networks?

Any comments?