[amibroker] Re: robust system development

Hello,

Thanks, TJ, for the info

With optimization capability of Fred's PT, it is possible to simulate
the random Watchlist effect TJ proposed by using AB's random() and
there is no need to use Jscript or VB at all.

By incorporating random() as part of the scoring process, we can turn
on/off a candidate easily but randomly. For example...

                - random(1) >= 0.5, then 50% chance
                - random(1) >= 0.3, then 70% chance
                - random(1) > random(1), then unpredictable...

Depending on the outcome of the random(1), randomly, a candidate
MIGHT be disqualified which might force PT to select another one.

The BEST part is that PT automatically accumulates optimization
results in a separate CSV file which make post processing extremely
easy.

This is NOT exactly what TradeSim has done, but I bet with enough
iterations and some post processing DIY, it should give similar info
and it saves more than $700.

So, as soon as TJ adds the optimization to portfolio testing, it
becomes native, but it can be achieved today without using OLE or
TradeSim.

Thomas

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511